Monday, September 10, 2007

What a Start

This morning Steelers fan all over the world are walking around Stuttering. Ta Ta… Tight End. It a new word for Steelers fans. 5 catches 2 TD’s. Now that’s a big change for the Black and Gold. Also something new; PLAY ACTION!! Now that’s even better. At least 3 and maybe as many as 5, the Hooter ladies kept getting in the way, so I might have missed a few. Yes I watched the game at the Hooter’s in Lakeland Florida with Ed Hafferly. It just doesn’t get any better. Congratulations Coach Tomlin!! What a great way to start off the new era. The offence kept the Browns guessing all afternoon. The line held them to just one sack and had them backing up all day. Overall it had to be one of the best offensive displays I can remember. Ed and I kept looking at ourselves like we were in the twilight zone.

The Defense was just as impressive holding the Browns to just 221 of total offense and registering 6 sacks. Not two shabby! Now not to disappoint any one, the first defensive series in the second half was just horrid. Resulting in the only points for the Browns. Rushing three the whole series giving up the bulk of their passing yards for the day right there. I can only hope that Coach Tomlin wanted to see what would happen if he used it in a real game. In all fairness Anderson and the Browns did not look like an NFL team Sunday. It could be a long year for Cleveland fans. And that’s a Good thing!!

Now it’s off to dance with Buffalo, I don’t know about you but I’ll be having some wings! Who knows this may end up being a very short blog if I don't have anything to complain about! Here hoping!

Go Steelers!!

5 comments:

Charles said...

Old Friends.
Good Football.
Busty Females.

If that is retirement, sign me up!

I was in Charlotte with my in-laws and so watched Carolina clobber St. Louis (all the while checking Steeler highlights, that is). So this Strauss house is happy with two pro victories this weekend. Sadly, our Irish are in for perhaps one of their worst seasons on record.

Thank God that..."We're from / the town / with the / great football team...We're the / PITTSBURGH STEELERS!"

Ryan said...

great game! big ben didn't try and lose the game with turnovers which is always a good thing

my soon to be brother-in-law has the nfl ticket so we were over there to watch the game. unfortunately, he's a patriots fan so we had to jump between the 2 games.

i made sure ashley had her jersey on by 7:30am! i was told she had to wear pink underneath which works for me.

we took a walk around this bears city before the game, me with my jersey on and ashley strapped to my chest in hers. people were smiling all over. so cute!

going to post some pictures soon.

beth said...

Only Hillary Clinton makes me almost as happy as the Steelers winning. Here in Pittsburgh the fans are optimistic and the players seem enthusiastic. Some showing up to a Pirates game last night and getting a standing ovation. Most exitement there has been in PNC park since opening day of the new park!!!

Charles said...

hey beth, do you want to help me hi-jack "Steelers Review" and turn it into a political blog with a strong liberal bias? we can debate the strengths and weaknesses of clinton, obama, and edwards and laugh about the GOP slate this campaign season.

(to GUM and all readers of this blog...i'm kidding, of course)

Go Stillers.

beth said...

I'd love too, however Mike would kill me, and after all these years he still scares me to death when he gets upset.

Ask my sister about the time he chased her down the street with a knife when they were kids. Best part is she knew she had pushed him too far and kept thinking while she was running that if he caught her she would deserve whatever she got!