Monday, October 8, 2007

On the side line!

Sidelined with flu like symptoms, high fever, a need to be close to some porcelain, and the dreaded don’t dive while taking this medication I was held to the old easy chair this Sunday. So I would love it if some who saw the game would post some observations.

I did keep track of the play by play on my PC @ NFL.Com. If you have not tried them to keep track of a game of interest but not available in your area it really is pretty slick but not perfect. So just two comments; first, we won shutting out the Sea Birds! Second, we came out in the second half and held the ball for over 10 minutes and scored a TD, then held the Sea Birds to just 4 plays, one being a punt, then held the ball for the rest of the quarter, WOW!

Only down side I saw was again giving up a ton of yards late in the first half! Just burns me up and when you all ready have a fever it almost kills ya.

Next weekend is our bye week, giving me time to recover, and some of Steelers to recover as well for our Sunday night trip to the mountains and our next victim the bucking broncos.

Go Steelers!!

4 comments:

beth said...

It was a pretty impressive game. Considerinf the number of injuries we had, it was a very impressive showing. Cedric Wilson really stepped up his game and Davenport was incredible. All in all one of the best games I have ever seen. What a defensive battle in the first half, and to cap it off we end the half with an interception. The pre game press had Seattle saying this was a re-match of the super bowl......guess they did not learn their lesson the first time!
All in all good news all around, Steelers won, Red Sox won, and Hillary is leading in the polls. If I was any happier, I'd float.

Sorry you are not feeling well Mike. Too much traveling and running around. Rest up and feel better and force fluids!

Ryan said...

My mom and dad were in town this weekend so my dad and I went down the street to the local watering hole and watched the game.

Big Ben played very well, especially without Ward and Holmes. Like Beth said, Wilson was the target of a lot of action from Ben and he did his job. Heath had some great catches and I swear he never drops the ball. Its nice to have a big TE that can catch, run and hit as well as him. That pickup last year is really paying off.

Davenport looked like a young strong Bettis. It's nice to have the power runner in Davenport and the speed, agility in Parker.

Ike Taylor was on fire on defense. Intercepted 1 and almost 2 more. He had a huge game.

The only thing that irked me was our punt returns. Why is it that we have so much trouble with this? Every time we receive the ball, I'm holding my breath. I forget who it was, but on 2 separate punts we had a missed catch that bounced out of bounds and then a fumble that we somehow recovered. WHY IS THIS SO HARD FOR OUR TEAM? This same thing happened last season too! Argh, sorry for the rant.

Ryan said...

oh, and get better uncle mike. sorry for not mentioning in my first comment!

Charles said...

maybe you need more rest uncle mike! 4:05 AM blogging!! sleep in a little - let's say, 5:00 AM.

i was in the big apple with liz this weekend and we did a multi-ethnic eating tour of the lower east side on sunday morning. then we raced uptown to meet my brother, who was also in new york, to watch the steeler game at a steeler bar. unfortunately, we got there too late but just in time for some post-game celebrating. "here we go steelers" was playing when we got there.

did anyone notice that the Irish got their first win of the season?