Monday, November 12, 2007

What a Weekend

I now sit some where in South Carolina just about five hours from Arlington Ridge, my second black russian by my side, reflecting on the weekend past. And what a great weekend it was! An opportunity to celebrate family and share what is being called the best game of the weekend. (Although I did not see the game that way.) Kristen and Steve’s wedding, what an afair, seeing my Sisters Pat and Beth along with my Brother – In – Law Stoney, an extra surprise, and then the whole Strauss family. OH, what a weekend it was. A little tired and dare I say, just a little hung over we gathered to see the Steelers take on the Browns. The whole family minus, but understandly so, Kristen and Steve, crawled in to the party room with visions of TD’s and power defense dancing in our eyes. Then we were thrown into soberness! The room came alive, the Steelers were acting like they were with us at the wedding and like us just as hung over. The Browns took advantage dominating the first half. The room was quite, so quite that Ashley took a nap. But a short nap it would be as the second half was a different story. Sorry Ashley!

Now since most everyone was witness to my ranting there is no use in venting again, but boy I would love to. The box score does not tell the story. With only a total 169 yards and only 40 of those on the ground the question is how in the HELL did the Browns score 28 points! Sloppy, Sloppy, Sloppy defense and special teams. A game we should have lost. On ESPN tonight the question was did Pittsburgh win or did Cleveland lose the game. Thank god the browns have no defense. You make the call. We can not win a Supper Bowl like that. Enough said!

Now it’s the 1 and 8 Jets, easy weekend, right. Bet me!!

To Kristen and Steve: Aloha!!

Hope everyone had a safe trip home.

No comments: